Territory Business Manager (Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery) – DC/Baltimore, MD
Within a designated area this position is responsible for the introduction and sales of SimpliDerm, a pre-hydrated human acellular dermal matrix with a sterility assurance level (SAL) of 10-6 and requires a minimal 2-minute sterile rinse for convenient intraoperative use.
By maintaining a more intact matrix, SimpliDerm enhances and supports the angiogenic process, provides a more pliable matrix, and results in a lower risk of inflammatory response, fast integration and rapid revascularization. SimpliDerm is available in both Ellipse™ and rectangular sizes designed to meet a range of surgical needs and provide intraoperative ease of use. SimpliDerm with perforations is available to facilitate plane-to-plane fluid transfer upon implantation. In direct comparison to another human ADM product, SimpliDerm has lower inflammatory response, robust matrix regeneration and integration, and lower fibrotic response in a non-human primate model.
This position is a part of a pilot launch, introducing this new, innovative product to an established market. Market development responsibilities include identifying hospitals and surgeons, conducting professional presentations, discussing pre-clinical and clinical data, visits and follow-up with surgeons and supporting personnel on a regular basis. The ability to identify and develop surgeon champions is a critical component to successfully enter to the market.
This position reports to the VP, Marketing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Identification of potential hospitals and surgeons for product integration.
- Initial introduction and promotion of Aziyo product as the standard of care in surgery (requires implementation of new technology within the medical community, from buyer to surgical staff to the surgeon- fully versed in the features and benefits of our product as compared to previous standard of care and other alternative solutions).
- Identify and develop surgeon champions; ability to effectively leverage those relationships to bring product to market
- Surgeon and supporting staff education, training and proctoring.
- Visiting and following up with customers on a regular basis.
- Attaining sales performance goals.
- Participation in regional and national meetings as required.
- Responsible for the identification and timely reporting of all customer complaints (incidents/events) received.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent.
Experience and Skills
Work Experience Required
- Minimum of 3 years related experience in medical device sales and/ or clinical specialist/ education roles
- Previous experience calling on plastic and reconstructive surgeons a must
- Experience launching a new product to an established market a plus
Specialized Skills, Knowledge:
- Maturity, flexibility, responsiveness, excellent judgment, and excellent listening skills.
- Knowledge of the quality system is required regarding timely reporting of customer complaints (incidents/events).
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills a must; must be able to cultivate strong relationships
- Ability to educate on the clinical aspects of the product
This position requires significant travel within the assigned geography. Successful candidate must have a valid driver’s license, with no restrictions and/ or revocations, as the ability to drive is essential to this position.
Aziyo Biologics is an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and diversity in our workforce.
Connect with Us
Stay up-to-date on our latest developments by connecting with us on LinkedIn.