This position is a key member of the Aziyo Biologics team and as such is involved in executing the Company’s short- term goals and objectives as it relates to shipping, receiving and inventory control.
The Shipping Associate is a highly-motivated, detail-oriented individual who will take great pride in assuming this challenging role. In this position, the candidate will assume responsibility for all aspects of Inventory Control, customer and material order fulfillment, packing, shipping, receiving, storing, and issuing materials, equipment, and other items in a fast paced warehouse distribution center. Keeps accurate records and inventory reports.
Position reports to the Manager, Distribution
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspect all received inventory and materials for quality issues.
- Transact all incoming materials to appropriate storage locations.
- Consult with Buyers and/or QA to process non-conforming materials and to reconcile any purchase order discrepancies.
- Responsible for maintaining all documents, and paper or electronic files.
- Correctly label all inventoried items, with special attention given to critical materials.
- Promptly respond to all internal and external customer requests.
- Provide outstanding customer service and display professionalism in all interactions with internal and external customers.
- Accurate and timely entry of and fulfillment of customer and material orders.
- Reconcile any inventory discrepancies and conduct cycle counts.
- Develop and maintain a clean and well organized stock process and areas.
- Responsible for replenishment of all inventory designated locations.
- Courier packages to local medical facilities and logistics carriers as needed.
- The successful candidate must be familiar with standard shipping methods/procedures with vendors such as FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all Inventory Management activities in order to fulfill day to day responsibilities.
- Display respect for healthcare, tissue donation and biologics organizations.
- Maintains confidentiality of all records and information, which pertains to donors, families, employees, the organization and related areas.
- Provide internal support in rapidly growing and dynamic environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 1 year experience in shipping/receiving, inventory control, and stockroom duties in a biotechnology or healthcare environment (CLIA or FDA regulated) preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a role requiring strong customer service skills and frequent interactions with internal and external customers.
- APICs certified preferred, but not required.
- Systems experience including Microsoft applications, particularly MS Excel.
- Demonstrates a high concern for detail, accuracy, and compliance to Company and Corporate policies and procedures.
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate a commitment to process improvement.
- Ability to exercise judgement, problem solve and work well with cross-functional teams.
- Service oriented with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable and able to communicate directly with customers with professionalism and enthusiasm.
- Works well under pressure with strict deadlines and adapts to change quickly.
- Available and adaptable to working fluctuating schedules, including weeknights, weekends, holidays, on call and overtime as required.
- Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs. or more.
- Some operations require bending, standing long hours, pushing and/or pulling objects to a machine or/on a cart.
- Ability to distinguish colors.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License