This position is a key member of the Aziyo Biologics team and as such is involved in executing the Company’s short- term goals and objectives as it relates to accounting.
This position requires a thorough understanding of accounting processes and ERP modules, generally accepted accounting principles and financial reporting. Candidate will work closely with all members of the accounting and finance team. Candidate must be self-motivated and eager to build infrastructure around a rapidly growing organization.
Position reports to the Corporate Accounting Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of recurring and non-recurring monthly general ledger journal entries and assistance with month-end close process with focus on:
- Monthly inventory account reconciliations, analysis and journal entries.
- Raw material receipt, invoice matching and purchase price variance maintenance.
- Assistance and coordination of inventory counts, consigned and on site.
- Standard cost maintenance and updates.
- Revenue review, rebate and commission analysis and entries.
- Communication to other departments of answers to accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Prepare supporting schedules for audit and tax return preparation requests.
- Development and implementation of accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Other tasks as assigned and typical of a Senior Accountant position.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting preferred but not required with appropriate work experience)
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in general ledger accounting and reporting.
- Understanding of inventory and production accounting.
- Advanced knowledge of EXCEL and other Microsoft applications.
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Knowledge of ERPs/accounting systems; knowledge of SAGE 300 a plus, but not essential.
- Very detail oriented, analytic, and organized.
- Great oral and written communication skills. Proactive problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and comfortable taking ownership.
- Highly ethical, self-motivated, and professional with the ability to function as part of a team to provide accurate, thorough and timely analyses.
Aziyo Biologics is an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and diversity in our workforce.
Connect with Us
Stay up-to-date on our latest developments by connecting with us on LinkedIn.