This position is a key member of the Aziyo Biologics team involving the execution of the Company’s goals and objectives related to research and development.
This position is responsible for leading the scientific characterization and development of tissue-based and biomaterial products in compliance with Aziyo’s quality and regulatory standards. The successful candidate will lead the development, optimization and qualification of a broad range of bioassays, biomechanical and material characterizations, and product prototyping. In addition, this position will support the development of manufacturing processes to enhance productivity and product quality, including scale up for full production and /or production transfer.
Position reports to the Principal Scientist
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the in vitro and in vivo characterization studies of tissue or biomaterial products.
- Develop methodologies to understand interaction of cells and extracellular matrices as applicable to solving clinical problems.
- Enhance product performance by optimizing the processing methods transferrable and aligned with Aziyo’s Manufacturing and Quality Control systems.
- Develop, perform and transfer validation studies of developed products to Manufacturing teams.
- Generate standard operating procedures for use in R&D or Manufacturing, research reports and technical briefs of launched products.
- Constitute as an independent researcher including designing experiments with proper controls, strategically utilizing experimental techniques via extensive literature review, employing critical thinking in troubleshooting experiments and data analysis, and delivering project milestones in time.
- Interact with Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance and other relevant divisions in the development of tissue-based/ biomaterial products.
- Present scientific data to audience with variety of educational background.
- Master or PhD in Engineering, Life Sciences, or related field from an accredited college or university.
Experience and Skills
- Master with 5 to 8 years, or PhD with 0 to 3 years of work experience in bioengineering, tissue engineering, biomaterial or biological science fields.
- Experience with cell-based assays, cell sorting/ imaging, natural and synthetic polymeric scaffold characterization, cell-protein delivery system, controlled release concepts, biomechanical testing and product prototyping.
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Aziyo Biologics is an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and diversity in our workforce.
Connect with Us
Stay up-to-date on our latest developments by connecting with us on LinkedIn.