The Natural Choice for Pericardial Reconstruction.
Reconstruct the pericardium using ProxiCor for Pericardial Closure.
Reconstruction of the pericardium using ECM enables surgeons to re-establish this normal anatomic structure.2,3
Pericardial reconstruction with ProxiCor has been shown to reduce post-operative complications such as atrial fibrillation, pleural and pericardial effusion, tamponade, and 30-day readmission rates, which have a substantial impact on cost-of-care.4
Re-do 3 months post-op: Vascularized native pericardium shown in the remodeled tissue.
Our goal is to provide physicians with a tool to keep patients with their loved ones and out of the hospital. Reconstructing the pericardium with ProxiCor lowers the likelihood that patients will be readmitted following cardiac surgery.4 Cardiac surgery can be frightening. Patients can take comfort knowing their physicians are doing everything they can to reduce their risk and ensure a successful operation and return to their life.
Benefits of ProxiCor for PC.
- Reduces post-operative complications and readmission rates4
- Restores normal anatomy and physiology4,5
- Preserves the retrosternal distance4,5
- Shortens operative times and aids in re-entry for re-operations6
Patients experienced lower rates of post-operative complications after ProxiCor was used to reconstruct the pericardium.4
Reduction in Reentry Surgeries for Bleeding4
Reduction in Hospital Readmission after Pericardial Closure4
Reduced Pleural Effusion4
Fewer Post-Op Complications.
Pericardial reconstruction with ProxiCor makes recovery less eventful with fewer post-operative complications.4
ECM. How It Works.
Once sutured to viable healthy tissue, ECM acts as a scaffold into which the patient’s own cells migrate and integrate2 – stimulating natural wound healing mechanisms.10
Post remodeling, SIS ECM remodels into healthy site-specific tissue.1,4
Listen to Dr. Pirris discuss how he has reduced post-op complications by implementing his ERAS protocol.
Implant Technique Videos
Visit our playlist to see Traditional and Alternative technique videos for reconstructing the pericardium.
Debate of Pericardial Reconstruction in Cardiovascular Surgery: To Close or Not to Close?
Technique and tips for using ProxiCor for Pericardial Closure. Learn more and download!
Sizing and Ordering Information
- Product Numbers are for U.S. only.
- For International Sales Contact Customer Service.
wdt_ID Product Number Height (cm) Width (cm) 1 CMCV-003-401 7 10 2 CMCV-003-402 7 15
Download Instructions for Use (IFU)
IFU for U.S. only.
IFU for Outside U.S. only.
Interested in ProxiCor PC?
Learn About ProxiCor Today!
To learn more about the ProxiCor Guarantee contact your area sales representative or contact us.
1. Piterina A, et al. Int J Mol Sci. 2009 Nov 20;10(10):4375-417
2. Sundermann S, et al. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014 Feb;62(1):76-9.
3. Stelly M, et al. Ann Thorac Surg. 2013 Nov;96(5):e127-9.
4. Rego A, et al. J Cardiothorac Surg. 2019 Mar 15;14(1):61.
5. Rego A, et al. Heart Surg Forum. 2022 Jan 13;25(1):E008-E019.
6. Rao V, et al. Ann Thorac Surg. 1999 Feb;67(2):484-8.
7. Brennan E, et al. Tissue Eng. 2006;12(10):2949-55.
8. Data on file at Aziyo Biologics, Inc.
9. Grimes M, et al. Biomed Mater Eng. 2005;15(1-2):65-71.
10. Londono R, et al. Ann Biomed Eng. 2015 Mar;43(3):577-92.