Reduce Cardiac Surgery Complications. Naturally.
ProxiCor is the natural choice for pericardial reconstruction.
An extracellular matrix derived from porcine small intestine submucosa (SIS), ProxiCor for Pericardial Closure (PC) regulates the biologic healing immune response to decrease inflammation and stimulate formation of healthy tissue.2,3 Reconstruction of the pericardium using ECM enables surgeons to re-establish essential native anatomic structure.4,5,6
Pericardial reconstruction with ProxiCor has been shown to reduce post-operative complications such as atrial fibrillation, pleural and pericardial effusion, tamponade, and 30-day readmission rates, which have a substantial impact on cost-of-care.4
Re-do 3 months post-op: Vascularized native pericardium shown in the remodeled tissue.
Our goal is to provide physicians with a tool to keep patients with their loved ones and out of the hospital. Reconstructing the pericardium with ProxiCor lowers the likelihood that patients will be readmitted following cardiac surgery.4 Cardiac surgery can be frightening. Patients can take comfort knowing their physicians are doing everything they can to reduce their risk and ensure a successful operation and return to their life.
Benefits of ProxiCor for PC.
- Reduces post-operative complications and readmission rates4
- Restores the natural tissue and structural anatomy1,2,3,4,5,6
- Preserves the space between the heart and sternum after open-heart procedure7,8
- May shorten operative time for redo procedures9
Patients experienced lower rates of post-operative complications after ProxiCor was used to reconstruct the pericardium.4
Reduction in Reentry Surgeries for Bleeding4
Reduction in Hospital Readmission after Pericardial Closure4
Reduced Pleural Effusion4
Predictable Patient Care.
Pericardial reconstruction with ProxiCor reduces post-operative complications and makes patient care more predictable.
Extracellular matrix materials have been used in more than one million patients. SIS ECM has demonstrated antimicrobial activity during remodeling and reduces an inflammatory response.2,3,10,11
ECM. How It Works.
Once sutured to viable healthy tissue, ProxiCor creates a hospitable environment for the surrounding cells to migrate into the bioscaffold and start matrix turnover.1,2,3,11
The SIS ECM regulates the biologic healing to reduce inflammation and modulate healing to prevent excessive scar tissue formation2,3. During remodeling, antimicrobial peptides are released and angiogenesis occurs.2,3,11
Listen to Dr. Pirris discuss how he has reduced post-op complications by implementing his ERAS protocol.
Watch a case and see a technique for reconstructing the pericardium after a midline incision.
Watch a case and see a technique or reconstructing the pericardium after a J-shape incision.
Technique and tips for using ProxiCor for Pericardial Closure. Learn more and download!
Sizing and Ordering Information
- Product Numbers are for U.S. only.
- For International Sales Contact Customer Service.
wdt_ID Product Number Height (cm) Width (cm) 1 CMCV-003-401 7 10 2 CMCV-003-402 7 15
Download Instructions for Use (IFU)
IFU for U.S. only.
IFU for Outside U.S. only.
Interested in ProxiCor PC?
Learn About ProxiCor Today!
To learn more about the ProxiCor Guarantee contact your area sales representative or contact us.
1. Data on file at Aziyo Biologics, Inc.
2. Pre-clinical data on file at Aziyo Biologics, Inc.
3. Dziki JL, et al. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2017;105(1):138–147.
4. Rego A, et al. J Cardiothorac Surg. 2019;14(1):61.
5. Stelly M, et al. Ann Thorac Surg. 2013 Nov;96(5):e127-9.
6. Sundermann S, et al. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014 Feb;62(1):76-9.
7. Rao V, et al. Ann Thorac Surg. 67(2), 484–488 (1999).
8. Bahn C, et al. Am J Surg. 1986 May;151(5):612-5.
9. Singh T, et al. The Internet Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. 2007 Volume 12 Number 2.
10. Badylak SF, et al. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2003;67(1):648-654.
11. Badylak SF, et al. J Surg Res. 2002 Apr;103(2):190-202.