Intracardiac Repair. Naturally.
ProxiCor is the natural choice for cardiac repair, with fewer complications.
An extracellular matrix derived from porcine small intestine submucosa (SIS), ProxiCor for Cardiac Tissue Repair (CTR) regulates the biologic healing response to decrease inflammation and stimulate formation of healthy tissue.2,3 When sutured next to healthy, viable tissue, ProxiCor is gradually replaced with native tissue as it remodels.5,9
In cases such as atrial or ventricular septal defect repair, ProxiCor can effectively repair a hole and generate new, healthy tissue in lieu of using synthetic patches or performing interventional procedures with devices such as nitinol plugs. Unlike synthetic alternative, SIS ECM has demonstrated a reduced foreign body reaction and post-op inflammation.4
ProxiCor remodels into healthy vascularized tissue, artistic simulation.
Our goal is to provide physicians a biologic reconstructive tool which also reduces post-operative complications and promotes long-term benefits. Accomplishing that goal is better for patient outcomes and satisfaction. ProxiCor is a natural biologic intended to remodel into healthy, site-specific tissue. Unlike synthetic options prone to inflammation and scarring, SIS ECM remodels into healthy tissue.5,6,7,8
Benefits of ProxiCor for CTR.
- Effectively repairs defects and restores natural cardiac tissue5,9,11
- Allows capillary in-growth and infiltration5,6,7,8
- Resists calcification9,10,11,12
- More resistant to infection than synthetic material3,8,13
ProxiCor for Cardiac Tissue Repair.
Uses for ProxiCor for CTR
- ASD Repair
- VSD Repair
- Aortic Root Enlargement
- Left Ventricular Aneurysm Repair
- Sinus of Valsalva Aneurysm
- Repair of Cardiac Tumors
- Use as a Pledget
- Suture-Line Buttressing
Institution: Mercy Medical Group, Sacramento, CA
Surgeon: Dr. Frank Slachman, M.D.
Case report using ProxiCor for Cardiac Tissue Repair to perform an aortic root enlargement on an 86 year old patient. The patient passed away 3 years later, due to unrelated causes, and donated their heart to perform this case study.
Donated Heart from 89 Year-old Diabetic Patient
Three years prior, ProxiCor for Cardiac Tissue Repair was implanted to complete an aortic root enlargement. An explanted tissue sample from the patient concomitant with aortic valve replacement revealed a completely incorporated tissue repair implant. Specimen taken from the remodeled aorta on the left.
ProxiCor Remodeled into Histologically Identical Tissue
ProxiCor remodeled into histologically identical and functional, site-specific aortic tissue, which is significant considering stem cell output decreases associated with aging.
Predictable Patient Care.
ProxiCor enables surgical reconstruction while reducing post-operative complications and making patient care more predictable.
Extracellular matrix materials have been used in more than one million patients. SIS ECM has demonstrated antimicrobial activity during remodeling and reduces an inflammatory response.2,3,8,13
ECM. How It Works.
Once sutured to viable healthy tissue, ProxiCor creates a hospitable environment for the surrounding cells to migrate into the bioscaffold and start matrix turnover.2,3,8
The SIS ECM regulates the biologic healing to reduce inflammation and modulate healing to prevent excessive scar tissue formation.2,3 During remodeling, antimicrobial peptides are released and angiogenesis occurs.2,3,8
Post remodeling, SIS ECM transforms into healthy, site-specific, connected vascularized tissue.2,3,5,8,11,13
Click here to view additional information about ProxiCor for Cardiac Tissue Repair in our product brochure.
When Lori was diagnosed with a hole in her heart, a less invasive procedure wasn’t an option. Her surgeon told her about ProxiCor and cutting-edge robotics.
Access the techniques and tips for using ProxiCor for Cardiac Tissue Repair. Learn more and download!
Sizing and Ordering Information
- Product Numbers are for U.S. only.
- For International Sales Contact Customer Service.
wdt_ID Product Number Height (cm) Width (cm) 1 CMCV-004-401 7 10 2 CMCV-004-404 4 7
Download Instructions for Use (IFU)
IFU for U.S. only.
IFU for Outside U.S. only.
Interested in ProxiCor CTR?
Learn About ProxiCor Today!
To learn more about the ProxiCor Guarantee contact your area sales representative or contact us.
1. Data on file at Aziyo Biologics, Inc.
2. Pre-clinical data on file at Aziyo Biologics, Inc.
3. Dziki JL, et al. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2017;105(1):138–147.
4. Piterina A, et al. Int J Mol Sci. 2009 Nov 20;10(10):4375-417.
5. Shell D, et al. Ann Surg. 2005 Jun;241(6):995-1001; discussion 1001-4.
6. Sundermann S, et al. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2015 Jan;20(1):10-4.
7. Li F, et al. Endothelium. 2004 May-Aug;11(3-4):199-206.
8. Badylak S, et al. J Surg Res. 2002 Apr;103(2):190-202.
9. Sundermann S, et al. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014 Feb;62(1):76-9.
10. Fallon A, et al. J Surg Res. 2012 Jun 1;175(1):e25-34.
11. Gerdisch M, et al. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014 Oct;148(4):1370-8.
12. Padalino M, et al. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2015 Jul;21(1):40-9; discussion 49.
13. Brennan EP, et al. Tissue Eng. 2006;12(10):2949-2955.