Inventory Control Manager.
This position is a key member of the Aziyo Biologics team and as such is involved in executing the Company’s short- term goals and objectives as it relates to supply chain.
As a member of Aziyo’s Richmond Leadership Team (RLT), the Manager, Inventory Control is responsible for tracking and taking action to monitor inventory and order status to ensure optimum customer service. This responsibility includes identifying expediting and relabeling activities on a daily basis and communicating with peer departments to avoid stock-out situations.
As a leader at Aziyo, the Manager also has the responsibility to demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Aziyo values including teamwork, focus on results, and encouraging diverse thinking.
Position reports to the VP, Operations
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitoring product inventory and product orders on an hourly basis to ensure same day shipment.
- Initiating actions with other departments such as re-labeling, or product location transfers as needed to expedite urgent same day shipments.
- Update the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) tool daily with future PO’s and weekly sales analytics.
- Monitor product dispatch to ensure the process of FIFO is being utilized when shipping products.
- For non-US orders (i.e. South Korea) compile, confirm, anc communicate the inventory of allografts that are Korean eligible in accordance with Aziyo’s guidelines.
- Trace shipments with urgency for customers/donors per audits and NCE issues.
- On a daily basis, verify through SAGE that all shipments have been processed and following up on any exceptions.
- Monitor obsolescence by compiling inventory of planned monthly discards of soon to expire product and communicating this to Customer Service, Operations, Finance, Sales, and Quality.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, College Degree strongly preferred
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in inventory control and/or supply chain
- Comprehensive understanding of inventory procedures and processes.
- Strong customer focus
- Change maker
- Superb inter-personal skills
- Thrives on order-movement to closure on issues
- Strong information systems skills
- Leadership through influence and effective conflict resolution
- High tolerance for ambiguity
- Tactical focus (what needs to be done now to achieve the strategic goal)
- Strategic focus (what’s good for business in the long run)
- Strong communication skills
- Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs. or more
- Some operations require bending, or standing for long hours, pushing and/or pulling objects to a machine or/on a cart
- Ability to distinguish colors