This position is a key member of the Aziyo Biologics team and as such is involved in executing the Company’s short- term goals and objectives as it relates to facilities.
This position is responsible for keeping the facility running by performing a variety of duties such as testing, adjusting and maintaining facility equipment.
Position reports to the Vice president, Operations
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform preventative maintenance task, skilled maintenance repairs and routine inspections under the supervision of senior facilities engineer to ensure proper operation of facility equipment.
- Records type and cost of maintenance or repair work.
- Plans work assignments, performs duties with a minimum of direct supervision.
- Ensures proper operations of systems in compliance with required regulations and codes.
- Tests, maintains and evaluates equipment by using appropriate instrumentation.
- Performs duties in building securely and safety.
- Display respect for healthcare, tissue donation and biologics organizations.
- Maintains confidentiality of all records and information, which pertains to donors, families, employees, the organization and related areas.
- Provide internal support in rapidly growing and dynamic environment.
- Maintaining/ordering office supplies.
- Cleanroom walkthrough.
- Fire extinguisher maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience and Skills
- 2-3 year of previous facilities related experience.
- Must be able to perform all job duties and physical requirements within the work environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey technical information in a user-friendly language.
- Must be both a team player and able to work independently.
- Demonstrates a high concern for detail, accuracy, and compliance to Company and Corporate policies and procedures.
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate a commitment to process improvement.
- Ability to exercise judgement, problem solve and work well with cross-functional teams.
- Service oriented with meticulous attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure with strict deadlines.
- Available and adaptable to working fluctuating schedules, including weeknights, weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
- Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs. or more.
- Some operations require bending, standing long hours, pushing and/or pulling objects to a machine or/on a cart.
- Ability to distinguish colors.