Director of Marketing.
This position is a key member of the Company’s marketing team and as such is responsible for successfully executing on the strategic and tactical deliverables in support of the Company’s commercial product portfolios. This position primarily focuses on the electrophysiology (EP) and cardiac surgery specialties.
This position reports to the VP, Marketing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing and executing on the strategic and tactical marketing deliverables in support of the Company’s commercial product portfolios; initially, this position will have specific focus on the electrophysiology (EP) and cardiac surgery specialties.
- Develop and execute on portfolio and product positioning and messaging.
- Collaborate with the Clinical and R&D teams to ensure post marketing clinical studies and data collection efforts maximize product opportunities and provide commercial team with needed tools and resources; provide input on next generation product development efforts.
- Provide the direct and partner sales team with the necessary technical expertise and tools to enable them to sell our cardiovascular portfolio of products which will include printed and electronic promotional material, product training, and relevant clinical papers. During development and post launch, collaboration with the field will be essential to ensure that the materials meet the needs of the sales force and any updates or additional information is provided in a timely fashion.
- Lead digital strategy and implementation including website, social media and digital lead programs.
- Manage 1-2 marketing direct reports working on various aspects of CV product portfolio.
- Work closely with and develop relationships with key physician customers as advisors and consultants.
- Work with International Team (internal and partners) on strategy and support for Cardiovascular products OUS.
- Work with vendors/ ad agencies to develop brochures, clinical case reports, print and online ads, and other promotional materials (print and electronic); ensure the placement of ads in relevant journals and the distribution of materials to healthcare professionals.
- Work with Regulatory and the Marketing Materials approval committee to ensure that the content of all promotional material is fully supported by the Product Information and literature and is in accordance with the guidance offered by the FDA.
- Lead the development of a cardiovascular annual marketing plan and for executing advertising, promotion and sales aids in accordance with that plan.
- Organize meetings and symposia of invited speakers both in the office and at national conferences – organize venue and catering, speakers, and invitations; Develop ROI analyses on promotional programs.
- Provide input into market analyses to include details on the market characteristics (market size and growth – dollars, units, prescriptions, days of therapy, patient types, market share development, number of competitors, market trends, market attractiveness); competitor characteristics (product characteristics, competitor marketing strategies, sales force activities, pricing analysis); prescriber characteristics (number of prescribers by specialty, desires and unmet needs).
- Maintain and organize a digital library of images, videos and documents for our sales force.
- Responsible for reviewing product data to ensure that the field force is kept up to date on new developments regarding Aziyo or competitive products.
- Working as the Cardiovascular point person to create content for and help plan events such as sales meetings, trade show meetings and sales training including logistics and travel.
BA or BS in a relevant degree program such as business management, marketing, or life science.
Experience and Skills
Work Experience Required:
- 7+ years of experience in marketing roles of increasing scope and responsibility.
- 5+ years of experience in the life science industry, preferably with experience in biologics/ regenerative medicine.
- Experience working in EP, cardiovascular space a plus.
Specialized Skills, Knowledge:
- Strong project management skills a must.
- Experience with product launches a must.
- Experience introducing a novel, disruptive product to a mature market a plus.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize work appropriately.
- Strong communication (written, oral and interpersonal) and presentation skills.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making capabilities; must be able to formulate business solutions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with various internal departments and leaders; ability to drive results through partnership, mutual respect and trust.
- Experience managing a team a plus.
Hubspot preferred but not required
This position may be field based. It would be preferred if the the candidate is in reasonable proximity to the greater NYC area. Significant travel may be required as the needs of the business dictate.
Aziyo Biologics is an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and diversity in our workforce.
Connect with Us
Stay up-to-date on our latest developments by connecting with us on LinkedIn.
1. Citations go here