Tissue Production Technician.
Who We Are
We’re a team with a shared purpose to bring innovative solutions to physicians and patients around the globe. What we do or don’t do each day affects the lives of patients and that’s why we are dedicated to the development of our employees who work collectively to achieve our goals.
What Are We Doing in Richmond, CA?
We process high-quality allografts and human tissue for transplantation. These allografts are used in medical and surgical procedures to help physicians and their patients address various medical conditions.
Tissue Production Technicians
Our Tissue Production Technicians (TPTs) are responsible for the storage, processing, and manufacturing of quality allografts including initial aseptic cutting, shaping, and manual debriding of incoming tissues for allograft, medical device, and biologic product lines. The ideal candidate has an understanding of following procedures and documentation protocols and seeks to maximize the value of each donor’s Gift.
Position reports to Supervisor, Production.
What We Value:
- Team Players – Our Production team members rely on each other heavily to ensure quality products are produced and we appreciate their dependability
- A Sense of Purpose – We value the Gift of tissue donation, and our success is attributed to the like-minded individuals who work with these donations to improve patient outcomes globally and be part of something bigger than themselves
- Thirst for Knowledge and Development – Our entry-level positions through leadership roles are designed for ever-evolving, agents of growth who are looking for an opportunity in the Biotech/Manufacturing industry as they learn and develop their lab skills so they can continue to make a difference where it matters
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Adhere to standardized procedures and work instructions in designated functional areas.
- Safely and accurately process human tissue using power equipment, scientific equipment, and surgical instruments.
- Promote proper practices and techniques consistent with operating procedures, safety practices, and company policies.
- Record processing data and information accurately.
- Clean and maintain processing work areas in accordance with SOPs and work instructions.
- Maintain a safe work environment and practice universal precautions while working with chemical solutions during processes and testing.
- Contribute to the development of work instructions, batch records, and other documents related to tasks performed.
- Participate in special projects, provide general support to production and quality assurance teams, and report any unsafe conditions to the supervisor
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelors or Associate Degree preferred.
Experience and Skills
- Experience in aseptic processing is a huge plus!
- Demonstrated experience in critical judgment, analytical skills, and working in a team environment
- Works well under pressure with strict deadlines
- Adaptable to working fluctuating schedules, including weekends, holidays, and overtime as required
- Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs. or more.
- Some operations require bending, standing long hours, pushing and/or pulling objects to a machine or/on a cart.
- Ability to distinguish colors.
Salary Range: $22.00 – $28.00 per hour
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and diversity in our workforce – M/F/D/V
Connect with Us
Stay up-to-date on our latest developments by connecting with us on LinkedIn.