VP, Sales (Cardiovascular)
This position is a key member of the Company’s commercial leadership team and as such is involved in setting the long-term commercial vision and strategy as well as short-term goals and objectives. While the Company has a diverse set of current and future product offerings that span several therapeutic areas, the initial focus of this position is on the Company’s cardiovascular business area, the lead product of which is CanGaroo®.
This position is responsible for leading the Company’s sales team from strategic initiatives to tactical development and execution of the sales plan. Will have ultimate responsibility for meeting (exceeding) revenue and growth targets for the Company’s portfolio of products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- With other members of the Company’s commercial leadership team execute on the Company’s long-term strategic vision and short-term goals and objectives. Responsible for reporting on sales initiatives to the executive leadership team and Board of Directors as requested.
- Develop the Company’s sales plan to ensure that the long-term vision and short-term goals and objectives are well established, communicated and executed upon across the field organization
- Continue to build out the sales organization to ensure the right people and processes are in place to successfully deliver on the Company’s growth initiatives; coach and mentor the Area Sales Directors and hold the field organization accountable to results
- Work with the Company’s strategic business partners to ensure successful commercialization of our products through the “sales agent” structure; ensure alignment with strategic business plans and that minimum volumes are achieved
- Work closely with the VPs of Marketing and Contracting to develop programs and initiatives designed to drive short-term revenue growth and long-term, market changing opportunities
- Work with the finance and customer service teams to ensure the appropriate level of business analytics and data are generated to inform current and future decision making abilities
- Work with finance and human resources to develop variable compensation plans designed to incentivize performance and reward those that meet (and exceed) the Company’s short term goals and objectives
- Develop sales training programs and materials
- Ensure that compliance is an integral part of the sales culture
BA or BS in a relevant degree program such as business management, marketing, or life science.
Experience and Skills
- 15+ years of experience in sales roles of increasing scope and responsibility
- 10+ years of experience in the life science industry, preferably in the biologics space
- Must have previous experience leading complex field teams with a track record of success
- Experience working in the cardiac, electrophysiology (CRM), hospital space a plus.
- Demonstrated success in launching a novel, disruptive technology in an established market; ability to think creatively and create an innovative entre into a market with established products, brand recognition
- Strong leadership skills; demonstrated ability to clearly develop and articulate long-term strategic vision and short-term goals and objectives to drive performance and results
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize work appropriately
- Ability to utilize data & analytics to make decisions and drive sales
- Strong communication (written, oral and interpersonal) and presentation skills. Must have demonstrated experience presenting to diverse audiences including but not limited to employees, customers, key opinion leaders, investors, and Board of Directors.
- Excellent judgment and decision making capabilities; must be able to formulate business solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively with various internal departments and leaders; ability to drive results through partnership, mutual respect and trust
Leads a growing Sales Department of up to 50+ employees directly or indirectly through subordinate managers and directors. Carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
This position is field based. Significant travel will be required as the needs of the business dictate.