Senior Marketing Manager, Cardiovascular
This position is a key member of the Company’s marketing team and as such is responsible for successfully executing on the strategic and tactical deliverables in support of the Company’s commercial product portfolios. Initially, this position will have specific focus on the electrophysiology (EP) and cardiac surgery specialties.
This individual will work closely with the Director, Marketing to achieve strategic objectives for domestic and international markets. This individual will be asked to demonstrate leadership in product management as well as classic downstream marketing tactics.
This position will report to the Director, Marketing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for executing on the strategic and tactical marketing deliverables in support of the Company’s commercial product portfolios; initially, this position will have specific focus on the electrophysiology (EP) and cardiac surgery specialties
• Assist in the development and execution of portfolio and product positioning and messaging
• Collaborate cross functionally to ensure post marketing clinical studies and data collection efforts maximimize product opportunities and provide commercial team with needed tools and resources
• Provide the direct and partner sales team with the necessary technical expertise and tools to enable them to sell our cardiovascular portfolio of products which will include printed and electronic promotional material, product training, and relevant clinical papers.
• Closely collaborate with the field team to ensure that the materials meet the needs of the sales force and any updates or additional information is provided in a timely fashion.
• Assist with launch execution for products within the cardiovascular space
• Support our international team to ensure they have up to date messaging, collateral and access to critical data to drive sales
• Work with vendors/ ad agencies to develop brochures, clinical case reports, print and online ads, and other promotional materials (print and electronic); ensure the placement of ads in relevant journals and the distribution of materials to healthcare professionals
• Work with Regulatory and the Marketing Materials approval committee to ensure that the content of all promotional material is fully supported by the Product Information and literature, and is in accordance with the guidance offered by the FDA
• Assist with the development of a cardiovascular annual marketing plan and for executing advertising, promotion and sales aids in accordance with that plan.
• Provide input into market analyses to include details on the market characteristics (market size and growth – dollars, units, prescriptions, days of therapy, patient types, market share development, number of competitors, market trends, market attractiveness); competitor characteristics (product characteristics, competitor marketing strategies, sales force activities, pricing analysis); prescriber characteristics (number of prescribers by specialty, desires and unmet needs).
• Responsible for reviewing product data to ensure that the field force is kept up to date on new developments regarding Aziyo or competitive products.
• Assist with digital strategy and implementation (including website and digital tools)
• Create content for and help plan events such as sales meetings, trade show meetings and sales training including logistics and travel.
BA or BS in a relevant degree program such as business management, marketing, or life science.
Experience and Skills
• 5+ years of experience in marketing roles of increasing scope and responsibility
• 3+ years of experience in the life science industry, preferably with experience in regenerative medicine and medical device
• Experience working in electrophysiology, cardiovascular space a plus
• Strong project management skills a must
• Experience with product launches a must
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize work appropriately
• Strong communication (written, oral and interpersonal) and presentation skills
• Excellent judgment and decision making capabilities; must be able to formulate business solutions
• Experience with digital marketing platforms (i.e. Hubspot, linkedIn, Facebook Ads, Instagram, Twitter) and CRM systems
Ability to work collaboratively with various internal departments and leaders; ability to drive results through partnership, mutual respect and trust.
Preferably this position will be based in the Company’s Silver Spring, MD headquarters. (Alternatively this position may be field based as long as the candidate is in reasonable proximity to the Silver Spring office or greater NYC area.) Significant travel may be required as the needs of the business dictate.