Senior Financial Analyst/Cost Accountant
This position is a key member of the Aziyo Biologics team and as such is involved in executing the Company’s short- term goals and objectives as it relates to finance, accounting and operations planning.
This position is responsible for performing financial analysis and cost accounting functions including cost estimating, standard costing, variance analysis, budgeting and production planning. Provides key operational decision makers with accurate and timely financial information leading to minimization of cost and the maximization of profitability. Assists the corporate accounting in the monthly close process. Provides support with ERP-related finance and accounting issues.
Position reports to the Vice President, Finance
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Conduct monthly financial analyses of standard cost variances and gross margins.
• Maintain the cost accounting system for two plants and prepare inventory-related journal entries and certain other month end entries.
• Maintain standard costs for all products.
• Perform inventory valuation at month end and communicate with sales on aging inventory on-hand.
• Identify areas of improvement in the accounting cycle and streamline processes.
• Assist in the planning and forecasting process for the supply chain to include analysis of inventory levels, production yields and overall capacity utilization based on sales projections.
• Analyze profitability at the part number, product program, and customer levels
• Provide business support to key operational and functional areas to help drive business decision-making.
• Evaluate costs incurred at Aziyo’s production operations and routinely update and monitor the costs to manufacture the company’s various products.
• Analyze financial results, budget variances and overall trends in order to identify operating efficiencies or profitability improvement and/or cash savings opportunities.
• Assist with annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes.
• Assist in the transition from a stand-alone database to an ERP system for purposes of manufacturing resource planning and inventory cost capturing/management.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance preferred (not required with sufficient work experience)
Experience and Skills
• Experience: 5+ years with an operating / product driven company with at least 3 years in a cost accounting role; plant accounting experience strongly preferred
• Good working knowledge of GAAP and cost accounting principles
• Strong written and verbal communication systems with the ability to effectively interact directly with senior management
• Knowledge of accounting systems, knowledge of SAGE preferred
• Strong knowledge of EXCEL and other Microsoft applications
• Strong attention to detail, analytical ability and problem-solving skills
• Independent worker who is comfortable taking ownership
• Hands-on personality with willingness to dig into detail to understand root causes and solve problems