Quality Control Associate
This position is a key member of the Aziyo Biologics team and as such is involved in executing the Company’s short- term goals and objectives as it relates to testing to support product and process evaluation.
The QC Associate serves as the company’s day-to-day facilitator for all personnel, process, and product related testing requirements and quality control support. They are responsible for coordinating the evaluation and submission of all samples for lab testing both internally and externally to include all environmental & process monitoring. Assist in QC inspectional operations as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Coordination with production and QC for the collection of all samples to be sent for off-site laboratory evaluation.
• Documentation, shipping and tracking of all outgoing test samples
• Receipt of the respective lab reports and their initial triage for any alerts.
• Coordinating with Donor Services for any applicable sampling/testing from recovery partners.
• Provides additional QC inspection support when needed.
• Investigates OOS results along with 3rd party laboratories.
• Serves as liaison with 3rd party laboratory service providers for regularly out-sourced sample evaluation & testing.
• Support Quality Associates with performing Quality & Technical review of all production-related records to ensure compliance with applicable standards.
• Maintains legible and accurate documentation on all hard copy forms related to production.
• Work in a team oriented atmosphere and display courtesy and consideration to peers and staffs.
• Perform special projects, single tasks or other related work as required or requested.
• Responsible for following guidelines for safe working environment and report unsafe conditions to supervisor.
• Development and/or revision of any new or current procedures or forms required to accomplish the above.
• Bachelor degree in life sciences, or other related degree preferred.
Experience and Skills
• 2 years of direct experience in the field.
• Experience in an aseptic environment
• Capable of independent lab work and project management.
• Basic computer skills; including proficiency in Microsoft Outlook & Excel.
• Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Possess strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience utilizing critical judgment and analytical skills.
• Solid PC and data entry skills.
• Demonstrated experience working in a team environment, while maintaining cooperative working relationships.
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects simultaneously with strong attention to detail.
• Maintains confidentiality of all records and information, which pertains to donors, families, employees, the organization and related areas.
• Works well under pressure with strict deadlines.
• Available and adaptable to working fluctuating schedules, including weeknights, weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
• Some operations require bending, standing long hours, pushing and/or pulling objects to a machine or/on a cart.
• Ability to distinguish colors.