Director/Senior Manager, Supply Chain
This position is a key member of the Aziyo Biologics team and as such is involved in executing the Company’s short- term goals and objectives as it relates to planning and supply management.
As a member of Aziyo’s Richmond Leadership Team (RLT), this position will act as a Senior Site Leader and has overall responsibility for leading the sales and operations planning process to ensure appropriate production plans are in place for the Richmond Site. This includes the purchasing/receipt of supplies necessary for production and maintaining supplier relationships with a focus on cost reduction.
As a senior leader at the site, the Director/Senior Manager also has the responsibility to demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Aziyo values including teamwork, focus on results, and encouraging diverse thinking.
Position reports to the Vice President, Operations
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop production plans for the Richmond manufacturing facility
- Develop and lead activities between Sales, Manufacturing and Distribution
- Raw material, supplies and packaging sourcing
- Production scheduling
- Integration of finished goods inventories with sales forecast
- Communicate production plans to gain consensus from Sales, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing
- Lead inventory management efforts (including monitoring of slow moving inventory as well as supplies) to ensure adequate, but not excessive stock
- Develop system to support the production planning process with accurate and timely information
- Understand capacity analysis and develop capacity utilization plans
- Work with Finance Department to calculate the unit costs of monthly production and identify methods to lower such costs
- Budget analysis related to capacity, production and inventory planning
- Projects as assigned
BS degree in Business Administration, Engineering or a related field or related experience, certifications in Materials Management, APICS and/or LEAN Supply Chain a plus.
Experience and Skills
- Five years of increasing responsibility in materials management background in a manufacturing environment; experience in tissue banking, pharmaceuticals or other FDA-regulated industry preferred
- Demonstrated background in the design and application of inventory planning and control systems emphasizing lean manufacturing
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems including the implementation of such a process
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex supply chains
- Must be a change agent with superior people management and planning skills
- Ability to communicate clearly with management, peers, subordinates and vendors on complex issues dealing with a large amount of detail
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Demonstrates a high concern for detail, accuracy, and compliance to Company and Corporate policies and procedures
- Strong skills in information systems including Microsoft Office; Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work with cross-functional groups
- Ability to develop and implement programs for continuous improvement
- Possess strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience utilizing critical judgment and analytical skills
- Works well under pressure with strict deadlines
- Maintains confidentiality of all records and information, which pertains to donors, families, employees, the organization and related areas.