Chief Commercial Officer
This position is a key member of the Company’s senior leadership team and as such is involved in setting the Company’s long-term vision and short- term goals and objectives.
This position is responsible for successfully commercializing the Company’s current and future product offerings that span several therapeutic areas, to include electrophysiology, cardiovascular, and other medical specialties. This position has direct responsibility for leading the Company’s sales and marketing teams to include setting the strategic direction to tactical execution of sales and marketing efforts.
This position will also work closely with the Company’s commercial business partners to ensure our product offerings are successfully sold and that minimum volume levels are achieved.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• With other members of the senior leadership team establish the Company’s long-term strategic vision and short-term goals and objectives
• Responsible for reporting on sales and marketing initiatives to the senior leadership team and the Company’s Board of Directors as requested
• Develop the Company’s overall commercialization plan across several therapeutic areas; plan will include several sales channels- direct sales, independent representative organizations (IROs) and partner sales. Ensure that sales channel(s) is appropriate to the therapeutic area, product specialty and where multiple channels exist, coordinate efforts such that product has best possible opportunity to succeed- competing demands, conflicting interests are proactively managed
• Work closely with the VP of Marketing to ensure appropriate brand, portfolio, product, and life cycle management of the Company’s current product offerings; ensure appropriate “go to market” launch plans are properly designed and executed
• Work closely with the VP(s) of Sales to develop programs, initiatives designed to drive short-term revenue growth and long-term, market changing opportunities; lead the direct sales team to ensure proper hiring, performance management and compensation (commission) plans are designed to drive desired performance and outcome
• Develop appropriate market access and contracting strategies for the business, including staffing levels
• Determine optimal go to market strategies for international countries, drive sales performance of existing commercial partnerships
• Work closely with the Company’s commercial business partners to ensure our product offerings are successfully sold and that minimum volumes levels are achieved; this will include working directly with partner leadership teams and participating in sales, marketing and training programs and initiatives
Collaborate with the General Managers of the business areas to ensure alignment on priorities and initiatives
• Must ensure an environment of compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations; work closely with the Company’s Compliance Officer to ensure appropriate training and education
BA or BS in a relevant degree program such as business management, marketing, or life science. Masters degree a plus.
Experience and Skills
• 20+ years of experience in sales and marketing roles of increasing scope and responsibility
• 15+ years of experience in the life science industry, with experience in the regenerative medicine, biologics space a plus
• Demonstrated success in launching a novel, disruptive technology in an established market; ability to think creatively and create an innovative entre into a market with established products, brand recognition
• While initial focus will be in US, global experience is a plus
• Strong leadership skills; demonstrated ability to clearly develop and articulate long-term strategic vision and short-term goals and objectives to drive performance and results
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize work appropriately
• Strong communication (written, oral and interpersonal) and presentation skills. Must have demonstrated experience presenting to diverse audiences including but not limited to employees, customers, key opinion leaders, investors, and Board of Directors.
• Excellent judgment and decision making capabilities; must be able to formulate business solutions
Directly and indirectly manages 40+ employees in the sales, marketing and contracting departments. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws and regulations. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; reviewing performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Ability to work collaboratively with various internal departments and leaders; ability to drive results through partnership, mutual respect and trust
This position will can be field based. Significant travel will be required as the needs of the business dictate to include travel to the Company’s site locations (Silver Spring, MD; Richmond, CA; Roswell, GA), business partners, and customers (direct or indirect).